Zucchini is a vegetable that, with the advent of summer, is increasingly appearing on the plates of adults and children. And this is no accident, because with its help you can cook a lot of delicious and healthy dishes.
When the season of these vegetables comes, many housewives simply take out the pans. Indeed, pan-fried zucchini with garlic is a dish whose taste is nostalgic.
If you have overripe vegetables, then first remove the skin from them. Then cut them into neat circles and use the breading. Its simplest option is flour.
Zucchini in the oven
This vegetable has a neutral taste. However, in the oven it changes. Surrounded by tomatoes, cheese, minced meat, the zucchini will sparkle with new colors and help feed all the household.
Many people like dishes with the addition of chicken and turkey. And the lightest are completely vegetable options.
Vegetable appetizers are loved by both adults and children. However, when cooked at home, zucchini caviar cannot be compared in taste with store-bought caviar.
If desired, zucchini caviar can be preserved and enjoy the taste of stewed vegetables and cold winter evenings.
Rolls, pates, zucchini vegetable muffins and muffins can be served for dinner and even a festive table. They look original and will feed all those who are tired of primitive dishes.
What can be cooked from zucchini?
Due to its neutral taste, this vegetable is often compared to a cucumber. However, you can cook many different dishes from it step by step:
- Fritters from zucchini. They have earned the love of generations for being quick to prepare, a good side dish
- Ragout with zucchini. This dish is the quintessence of summer. More satisfying options are obtained with stewed potatoes, legumes
- Stuffed zucchini. You can stuff it with mushrooms, bulgur, turkey, chicken. Variants with apples and different berries sound interesting
- Zucchini with minced meat. With the addition of meat, many options are more nutritious. They can feed even the most hungry man and not only
- Zucchini with cheese. It can be casseroles, cakes and other snacks with sour cream or mayonnaise. Cheese can be both the main ingredient and form a golden crust that pleases the eye
- Fried zucchini with garlic. The spicy ingredient stimulates the appetite. Attracts guests of the house and members of your family with its aroma
- Zucchini soup. May have a creamy consistency achieved by pureeing with a blender. Cream will be the final chord of a harmonious symphony of taste
- Zucchini salad. Zucchini is an excellent base for preparing cold and warm salads
- Zucchini in batter. Cut the zucchini into slices, roll in flour, salt and egg and fry on both sides. Everything ingenious is simple. The dish goes well with tomatoes
- Zucchini caviar. An ideal base for tasty and healthy snacks
What is useful zucchini?
Zucchini is rich in vitamins, macro- and microelements. However, it is especially appreciated for its low calorie content. The vegetable is often used in the kitchen of those who are used to watching their diet and do not eat animal products.
How to identify a fresh zucchini?
The freshness of the fruit is easily identified by its appearance. Its peel should be uniform and glossy, without any spots. There are also more matte vegetables.
To the touch, the zucchini should be elastic and strong. The young fruit cannot be too big.
What can replace zucchini?
Look for ingredients that are similar in both taste and texture. For example, if zucchini is indicated in the recipe, but you don’t have it, then you can add squash, cucumbers.
In some cases, pumpkin can be an alternative. As a rule, many authors try to notice the substitution options in the recipe.
How to remove bitterness from zucchini?
Contrary to popular belief, these vegetables are not bitter. For cooking, it is advisable to choose a fresh and young zucchini.
With it, you can cook quickly and tasty, without wasting time cleaning the peel. Eggplant can be bitter.