Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Water – 5 glasses
- Salt – to taste
- Honey – 2.5 tablespoons
- Rose water – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Ground anise (star anise) – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – ¾ teaspoons
- Nutmeg – 0.1 teaspoons
- Raisins – 60 g
- Crushed walnuts – 1 tablespoon
- Almonds – 1 teaspoon
- Hazelnut – 60 g
- Pomegranate seeds – to taste
- Sprouting wheat – 1 cup
How to cook:
- Pour 100 ml of wheat kernels. water, salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, close the lid and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat, stir in honey, agave syrup or sugar, rose water, anise or fennel seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg and dried fruits. Close the lid and leave overnight.
- In the morning, pour over the remaining water and bring to a boil. Cook for 30-45 minutes, stirring frequently, until the grains start to fall apart around the edges. A little liquid should come out around the grains (add water if necessary). Taste for sugar and sweeten if needed.
- Mix with a little milk or 1/3 cup yogurt and spread the porridge along with the sweet broth.
- Garnish with a handful of nuts and a few pomegranate seeds, if desired.