Sun-dried tomatoes can be used in the preparation of pizza, pies, bread, flatbread, meat, fish, salads.
Fragrant oil, in which there were tomatoes, you can season salads.
• you can use any dry greens
• carefully watch the tomatoes in the oven so that they do not become overdried and brittle
• dried tomatoes are stored for six months
- • 1.5 - 2 kg tomatoes
- • olive/sunflower oil
- • sea/ordinary salt
- • dry herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, provencal herbs, etc.)
1. Rinse and dry the tomatoes well.
2. Remove stems and seeds from tomatoes, cut into quarters.
3. Put the chopped tomatoes on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Brush the tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt, just a little bit.
4. Preheat the oven to 60-100 C, put the baking sheet in the oven, slightly opening the door (moisture will evaporate faster).
5. Cook the tomatoes for about 3-5 hours, depending on the oven. The tomatoes should have reduced considerably in size, be pliable and slightly moist.
6. At the bottom of a clean jar (no need to sterilize), put dry herbs, garlic and pour oil.
7. Fold the tomatoes tightly, tamp a little and pour oil so that it completely covers the tomatoes.
8. Close the lid well and place in a dark, cool place.
• store the opened jar in the refrigerator, just make sure that the oil covers the tomatoes, otherwise they will go bad
• ideal if the tomatoes will be dried in the sun and not in the oven
• olive oil can be easily replaced with odorless refined sunflower oil
• removed residues (seeds and pulp) can be used to make tomato sauce